January 26, Rice S. Mod Healthc. January ; Beck M. Wall Street Journal. September 14, Flatten M. Washington Examiner. August 18—22, Washington Post. May 19, Gubar S. January 2, Audiovisual The Misdiagnosis of Breast Cancer. McFadden C. ABC News Nightline. March 6, Dwyer J. October 25, Landro L. January 17, D1.
Press Release: Every Patient Tells a Story by Lisa Sanders, M.D. - The Crown Publishing Group
Simons A. Star Tribune. January 4, A. Audiovisual The fading art of the physical exam. Knox R.
- The Gift of Story: Narrating Hope in a Postmodern World.
- Every Patient Tells a Story by Lisa Sanders: | flamintogsiosib.ga: Books.
- Every Patient Tells a Story - Sanders, Lisa - | HPB.
- Every Patient Tells a Story by Lisa Sanders | Penguin Random House Canada.
- ADVENTURES OF A WILDLIFE WARDEN.
Morning Edition. National Public Radio. September 20, Clarke S, Savard M. Sanders said.
View all New York Times newsletters. And while lack of a diagnosis can be frustrating for a doctor, not having one can make seeking treatment particularly difficult for patients and add to their sense of suffering. Over the years, Dr. Diagnoses depend on the fundamental collaboration that is the doctor-patient relationship.
Sanders sees that collaboration as a two-part process. Often they have to take medications or have surgery. If doctors can present the story — the diagnosis — to patients in a way that they can accept and recognize, I think a lot of the work is done. Join the discussion on the Well blog.
- Chinas Enterprise Reform: Changing State/Society Relations After Mao (Routledge Studies on China in Transition).
- Every Patient Tells A Story: Medical Mysteries and the Art of Diagnosis.
- Oral History and Public Memories?
- The Human Tradition in the Atlantic World, 1500- 1850?
- Cello Sonata No. 5 in D Major, Op. 102, No. 2 - Piano Score;
- In her new book, Lisa Sanders examines the state of diagnostic skills.;
Tell us what you think. Please upgrade your browser. See next articles. Newsletter Sign Up Continue reading the main story Please verify you're not a robot by clicking the box. Invalid email address.
- Medical Mysteries and the Art of Diagnosis.
- Every patient tells a story : medical mysteries and the art of diagnosis;
- Every Patient Tells a Story.
- BE THE FIRST TO KNOW;
- The Marshall Plan Today: Model and Metaphor;
Please re-enter. You must select a newsletter to subscribe to. Sign Up. You will receive emails containing news content , updates and promotions from The New York Times. You may opt-out at any time. You agree to receive occasional updates and special offers for The New York Times's products and services. Thank you for subscribing. You may send this item to up to five recipients. The name field is required. Please enter your name.
The E-mail message field is required. Please enter the message. Please verify that you are not a robot. Would you also like to submit a review for this item? You already recently rated this item. Your rating has been recorded. Write a review Rate this item: 1 2 3 4 5. Preview this item Preview this item. Allow this favorite library to be seen by others Keep this favorite library private.
Find a copy in the library Finding libraries that hold this item Presents an unflinching look inside the detective story that marks nearly every illness-the diagnosis-revealing the combination of uncertainty and intrigue that doctors face when confronting patients who are sick or dying--from the challenges of the physical exam to the pitfalls of doctor-to-doctor communication, the vagaries of tests, and the near calamity of diagnostic errors. Reviews User-contributed reviews Add a review and share your thoughts with other readers.
Be the first.