Buy Softcover. FAQ Policy.
About this book This book lies at the intersection of philosophy of mind and philosophy of religion and operates on the assumption that dialogue between the two disciplines can be fruitful. Show all. Occasionalism Pages Lim, Daniel.
- Introduction to Conversation Analysis!
- Log in to Wiley Online Library.
- God and Mental Causation!
- Causation and responsibility : four aspects of their relation.
- Passar bra ihop.
- The Heavens Are Empty: Discovering the Lost Town of Trochenbrod.
Overdetermination Pages Lim, Daniel. God Pages Lim, Daniel. Recommended for you.
- Mental Causation.
- The Role of Sensory Analysis in Quality Control (Astm Manual Series).
- Venezuela: A Petro-State Using Renewable Energies: A Contribution to the Global Debate about New Renewable Energies for Electricity Generation.
- What is a professional bookseller?!
- The Gunslingers Bride.
- Exposure Science. Basic Principles and Applications.
PAGE 1. Some features of this site may not work without it.
Drag to reposition
Causation and responsibility : four aspects of their relation. Author Tarnovanu, Horia. Supervisor Cruft, Rowan. Brown, Jessica Jessica Anne.
Keywords Causation. Metadata Show full item record. Abstract The concept of causation is essential to ascribing moral and legal responsibility since the only way an agent can make a difference in the world is through her acts causing things to happen.
Yet the extent and manner in which the complex features of causation bear on responsibility ascriptions remain unclear. I present an analysis of four aspects of causation which yields new insights into different properties of responsibility and offers increased plausibility to certain moral views. Chapter I examines the realist assumption that causation is an objective and mind-independent relation between space-time located relata — a postulate meant to provide moral assessment with a naturalistic basis and make moral properties continuous with a scientific view of the world.
- Connectionistic Problem Solving: Computational Aspects of Biological Learning.
- The Privilege of Youth: The Inspirational Story of a Teenagers Search for Friendship and Acceptance.
- Weitere vorgeschlagene Titel.
I argue that such a realist stance is problematic, and by extension so are the views seeking to tie responsibility attributions to an objective relation. Chapter II combines the context sensitivity of causal claims with the plausible idea that responsibility ascriptions rest on the assessment of causal sequences relating agents and consequences.